How does an E-Cigarette work?
When you push the button on the e-cigarette it starts a vaporizing process that releases simulated smoke which is actually a vapor mist that evaporates into the air within a few seconds. This vapor is produced when the e-liquid is heated by a vaporizing element (atomizer), producing the vapor.
What are the ingredients of the E-Cigarette Liquid (or E-Liquid)?
The primary e-liquid ingredients are vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, nicotine, and flavoring. E-liquid is available from many vendors in nicotine strengths varying from zero nicotine to more than 30 milligrams per milliliter (mg/ml) of nicotine. An average smoker will likely choose and e-liquid with about 20 mg/ml of nicotine for pen style e-cigarettes or 6 mg/ml of nicotine for mods.
Vegetable Glycerin (VG) - Vegetable Glycerin (Glycerol) is a chemical compound which is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is widely used in pharmaceutical formulations. In foods and beverages, glycerol serves as a solvent and sweetener, and may help preserve foods. It is also used as filler in commercially prepared low-fat foods, and as a thickening agent in liqueurs. Glycerol is used to provide the vapor mist that looks like smoke and to suspend flavor.
Propylene Glycol (PG) - The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined propylene glycol to be "generally recognized as safe" for use in food and propylene glycol is used in cosmetics and medicines. It is used in food coloring, and flavoring, as an additive to keep food, medicines and cosmetics moist, and in machines that simulate smoke. Propylene glycol also provides the vapor mist that looks like smoke and to suspend flavor.
Nicotine - is an alkaloid found in certain plants, predominately tobacco, and in lower quantities, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, cauliflower, bell-peppers and some teas.
Flavors - All of our flavors are FDA approved food flavors suspended in Propylene Glycol
A cartridge is a fully enclosed storage device that applies the e-liquid to the atomizer. Cartridges are non-refillable so when they are empty they need to be replaced with a new cartridge.
A cartomizer is a refillable cartridge combined with an atomizer (hence, the name cartomizer). Since they are refillable, when they run out of e-liquid it is a simple matter of refilling the cartomizer with e-liquid. When the atomizer burns out, the entire cartomizer must be replaced.
A tank is a type of cartomizer that typically holds more e-liquid than a cartomizer. The main difference between a cartomizer and a tank is that the tank atomizer is replaceable and a variety of atomizers are available for tanks.
A drip atomizer has no cartridge or tank. It typically has some absorbable packing material that holds a small amount of e-liquid. Drip atomizers became popular with "cloud chasers" who want to produce lots of vapor. They can be built with multiple atomizer coils to produce lots of vapor, but new e-liquid must be added (dripped onto the packing material) with every few puffs. They have mostly fallen out of favor as tank manufacturers have developed multi-coil versions of their products.
- Disposable e-cigarette. The original e-cigarettes looked like cigarettes They contained a cartridge, an atomizer, and a battery all in a single disposable package. They are sometimes referred to as "cigalikes" and have pretty much fallen out of favor because they are not reusable or refillable.
Pen style e-cigarette. These are typically sold as a kit which contains a battery and a cartomizer. The e-liquid for these must be purchased separately. They are a little bit larger than a disposable e-cigarette but are much more convenient because the battery can be replaced with a freshly charged one and the battery can be used with a variety of cartomizers.
Mod. A mod is a larger device slightly smaller than a pack of cigarettes. Most mods have replaceable batteries and are designed to be used with tanks. The e-liquid for mods is typically a thicker liquid that produces a greater volume of vapor.
- This e-liquids. These are typically made up of 30% Vegetable Glycerin (VG) and 70% Propylene Glycol (PG) in addition to nicotine and flavoring. They are used in pen-style e-cigarettes. Inhalation of these e-liquids is like traditional cigarettes. The vapor is sucked into the mouth and then inhaled into the lungs.
- Thick e-liquids. Thees are typically 70% Vegetable Glycerin (VG) and 30% Propylene Glycol (PG) in addition to nicotine and flavoring. This e-liquid produces thicker vapor than this e-liquids. These e-liquids may sometimes be 80% or more VG. They are used in drip atomizers and tank systems. Inhalation of these e-liquids is different than traditional cigarettes. The vapor is inhaled directly into the lungs.
- Minors under the age of 18 or under the State-determined legal age to purchase cigarettes are prohibited from using this product.
- People allergic to nicotine or any other ingredients within inhalants. Continued use is not recommended for those who suffer any adverse reaction to the product.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not smoke or vape.
- People suffering from disease or poor health conditions should avoid smoking this product (refer to warning label in manual) People with family histories of poor health such as (but not limited to) heart problems are also advised to not use this product without doctor approval.
- Use of this product in conjunction with smoking cessation products or as a smoking cessation device is not recommended.
- Keep out of reach of minors and pets.